Hey,Check Out These TAGS!13th floor elevators Bert Jansch Big Jay McNeely Blind Boy Fuller Blues Blue Sky Boys Bob Wills Casey Bill Weldon charles bukowski cw stoneking Dancefloor Mountain Dancefloor Mountain Jukebox Dead Moon desmond dekker Django Reinhardt Doug Sahm Eddie Lang Euphoria Fats Waller George Jones Grateful Dead Hattie Hart Iain Matthews Ishman Bracey Jack Rose Jacob Sunderlin Jake Leg Stompers Jazz Jelly Roll Morton Jimbo Mathus Jim Ford Jimmy and Johnny Joe Venuti John Fahey John Koerner Jug Band Kaleidoscope Kevin Ayers Leaf Hound Lee Hazlewood Lefty Frizzell Lonnie Johnson Louis Armstrong Marshall Tucker Band Matt Scherger McCormick Brothers Memphis Jug Band Memphis Minnie Michael Hurley Michael Nesmith Mulatu Astatke New Riders of the Purple Sage P.M. Pocket Music Peetie Wheatstraw psychedelic R&B Relatively Clean Rivers Robbie Basho roky erikson S. Hazarasingh Sleepy John Estes Sol Hoopii Soul Steel Guitar Syl Johnson ted lucas The Cats and the Fiddle The Golden Dawn Uncle John Patterson Van Dyke Parks Van Shipley Webb Pierce Will Shade Woima Collective Young Flowers
- Hey! We’ll be back soon! Been busy collecting so we can run a whole spring and summer without stopping publication. See you next week with an all new episode!
- DISPATCHES FROM THE COUNCIL OF THE SPACE CATERPILLAR
- Episode #34 – Dancefloor Mountain Radio: More Hits From The Prohibition Era And Beyond!
- Episode #33 – Dancefloor Mountain Radio Hour: Donnie and Bill get married at The Sanctuary!
- DISPATCHES FROM THE COUCIL OF HEADACHE ROCK
- DISPATCHES FROM THE COUNCIL OF ROADTRIPPING SPIRIT ANIMALS AND SOLITUDE
- DISPATCHES FROM THE COUNCIL OF UNUSUAL HOOSIER FAUNA: THE TIGERFOX INTERVIEW
- The Alcorubs – Live at Foam City.
- HCOTS Exclusive: YEARS
- HCOTS #6 – Witch, Beastie Boys
- #NowPlaying I'm A Fool For Loving Her by George Jones on #Spotify open.spotify.com/track/7xJrhdAB… 3 years ago
- New Dancefloor Mountain Radio! Finally! Fiddle tunes weekend! heycheckoutthissong.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/epi… 5 years ago
- New podcast! The Public Breakfast - Ep. 1: Deep Woods! Check it out! RT! heycheckoutthissong.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/the… 5 years ago
Category Archives: Dispatches From The Council Of Outer Space
by Jacob Sunderlin I love winter because winter is a free pass to sleep and read another book about serial killers and listen to Miles Davis and (almost) lose my shit. Seasonal affective disorder is some kind of conspiracy (Illuminati). … Continue reading
by Jacob Sunderlin Turns out the number one google search that results in people clicking on this site is “Kama Sutra Indiana.” WHAT UP. No long preamble here, I’ve just got some head-splitters to share: Collected some songs after thinking … Continue reading
by Jacob Sunderlin There are blue whale-sized portions of America that seem to have no people in them at all. Whole tracts of North Dakota, Idaho, Ohio, Pennsylvania go like this: highway, sky, expanse, fence, Dairy Queen, expanse, shrubbery, deer, … Continue reading
by Jacob Sunderlin When Ryan Puetz’s CD book got stolen from his truck the summer we were driving from the celery bog to Otterbein every morning to work with his cousin laying brick, we only had what was in the … Continue reading
But there were still other and more vital practical influences at work. Not even at the present day has the original prestige of the Sperm Whale, as fearfully distinguished from all other species of the leviathan, died out of the … Continue reading
GIRL GROUPS AS THE SOUNDTRACK TO YOUR MOST HORRIFIC CRIMES, AMERICA It seems like I lose three friends every time I tell someone about the “big Charles Manson phase” I went through in high school. I can understand this reaction. … Continue reading
YOU REALLY WANT TO LIVE IN THIS DUDE’S AMERICA, AS EDITED FOR THE BANGERS If you’re not down with the last four Bob Dylan records, you’re either a dumbass or not listening. I mean, LOOK AT THIS DUDE: You want … Continue reading